1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California DUI Check Point. I was detained by cool cops. [Los Angeles]

Discussion in 'Checkpoint & Roadblock Information: State by State' started by M, Jul 14, 2013.

1. M

M Muckraker Staff Member

Somewhat vulgar, lousy audio, posted July 13 2013 ...

DUI Check Point. I was detained by cool cops.

Sorry for the bad audio. The converter I used to flip the Video messed up the Audio.

The part where the Audio cuts out, I ask the cop if I was being forced to answer the question, and he said yes.

I was on my way home and ran into a DUI check point, so I decided to push my luck a bit.

When I asked the cop if I was being detained, he said YES, so all bets were off right off the back and I was cooperative after that.

I didn't think I would be detained. Last time in the same place, the cop just waved me on when I asked if I was being detained, so this time it caught me by surprise. I really did not want to push my luck past that and the cops were nice and polite. Nothing like the cops in those other videos.

I had a bad feeling, but the cops surprised me. One cop came into the frame towards the end and they had what looked like a MACE bottle ready for my eyes, but at the end of the video you can see them putting the cap back on.

To all those who will call me a ass and for being difficult, I have this to say.

I know I could have just said no and went along and saved everyone time, but this country is going to hell in a shit basket. It is no secret that Authorities are pushing their limits and crossing the line all the time. Even if I would have got maced or taken to jail for what ever reason, it is important that you exercise any right you have and not be a passive sheep in today's climate. We have to let all Authorities know that we have rights, and we will exercise them. I do not know the law to the book, but I did my best, and knew to cooperate after I was detained. So to all you who will call me all kinds of interesting names, I ask you to go putt in some work if you know better. I did my best for this country, and I know any good cop can appreciate what my goal was. Yes, I felt like I was punishing luck, but this country is worth it.

So, all and all, this was a good experience with respectable cops.

Not bad.

Let the trolls come out, and lets hear what you have to say LiveLeak.